Have it all including 1 to 2 nights stay in our historic and cosy accommodations in the middle of the penguin colony! Enjoy the safe swimming beach just outside your door or explore the surrounding and secluded landscape.
- FREE Evening Penguin Tour (if in season). Penguin presence.
- Highly discounted sea-kayaking. You pay $25 vs. $75!
- Visit to the spectacular cliff-tops of the Akaroa Heads Lighthouse Reserve.
- Opportunity to walk along the gentle river and waterfalls of the Tutukakahikura Scenic Reserve. Fully forested and downhill walk part of the well-known Banks Track. 3-hour & 1.5-hour options available.
- Gaze up at the night sky to see the brilliant Milkyway.
- Wake up to the sound of birdsong, sheep and the sea.
- Fully equipped accommodations (kitchen, linen, toilet, shower, etc.)
What You Need to Bring:
- Food for 24-48 hours depending on package selection.
- Warm clothing for the evening.
- If kayaking, clothes you don’t mind getting wet. Water shoes are not necessary.
- Hiking boots/shoes or athletic shoes for the bush walk.
- Safe drinking water at the accommodation.
Good to Know:
- FREE off-street, overnight parking available in safe and secluded area.
- Typical departure time from Flea Bay is 11:15am. If there is no morning kayaking an earlier departure time can be arranged.
- $135/adult, $80/child
- Group or family of 4 or more $105/adult
- Kayaking is an additional $25/person
- If you wish to depart the bay earlier then 11:30am you may be charged an additional $60. (Typically we pick you up after our Early Bird Kayaking. If there is no kayaking and you would like to be picked up before 11:30am, additional costs accrue to pay for an extra van and driver.)
You wish to enjoy the area a bit longer?
Extend your stay with our 48 hr Package option.
The 48 hour option gives you a further 24 hours at Pohatu for just the accommodation price of $90 accommodation unit. This gives you more time to explore the many lovely tracks on the property, more time to get the best conditions for sea kayaking, go for a swim or to simply sit back and soak up the tranquil atmosphere.